Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love you madly

Valentine's weekend.
~Time to express your love to those that you care most about~

...UGH...

This is one of my least favorite holidays. Don't get me wrong: I LOVE chocolates, I LOVE presents and I LOVE my husband! But the pressure...oh the pressure! I can never think of anything to get my man. I usually pickup a Choco Love bar at the grocery store and call it good. And in return, I prefer a low key night at home, in my jammies, making a yummy dinner, enjoying a glass of wine and watching a movie.

This probably makes me out to be a dud {and maybe I am} but I'm just being honest. I prefer to get flowers on a random day in July and I like to give a gift on an off day during the year. I want to surprise someone when they are least likely to expect it. A little gesture that brightens their day, makes them feel special and shows them how important they are to me.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts, now let me show you what I've been working on...


I've been making these industrial signs now since last fall. This particular one is a sweet message that is certainly timely for the holiday {and everyday throughout the year}.


I tried the best I could to save the bottom drawer on this dresser, but it was just too far gone. But fret not, it's just as wonderful with the new shelf that allows the flexibility to become an entertainment center or a cute place for some baskets. The top has been stripped down and refinished in a chocolate brown stain. For the body I used French Linen and sealed it with dark wax.


That's all for this weekend.
Wishing you lots of love today and everyday throughout the year!
~Crystal

Linking UP:
Inspiration Monday
Art Is Beauty 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dresser! It could serve so many purposes! I love that you stained the top and painted the bottom, it looks very rich! Well done! I hope you are having a great week so far!
    Smiles!
    Terry
    http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com
    Making Broken Beautiful

    ReplyDelete