Thursday, August 25, 2016

Refreshed Eastlake Dresser

A few years ago I came across about six small dressers at an Estate sale. I didn't dare pass them up so I grab them all, hauled them home and have been storing them in the barn ever since.

I've finally made my way {through the maze of furniture and lumber in the barn} to them a few weeks ago and started their makeovers, one at a time. This Eastlake number was one of the first pieces to get picked.

After replacing all the bottoms to the drawers and removing the THICK layers of varnish from the top, I painted the body in a custom mix of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and finished with wax. The hardware was missing from this piece when I got it so I used these brass pulls that I salvaged from a previous makeover.

And a little peek into my setup at the shop this week...I forgot to take more pictures so this is all I have to share.

Thanks for swinging through!

No comments:

Post a Comment