Monday, January 25, 2016

Custom Fabricated Live Edge Table

Industrial style has always been a favorite of mine...long, long before it became so incredibly popular.

I had metal street signs incorporated into our decor {that may or may not have been stolen---what? I didn't steal them but someone must have...}, a salvaged metal bread rack in the dining room {I say with pride that I cherry picked that gem out of a dumpster}, and a wickedly cool live edge coffee table that I picked up at the estate sale of my mom's good friend. These are just a few of the cool things that I had in my repertoire as I waffled between primitive industrial, rustic industrial, farmhouse industrial and now a more modern industrial style. In my opinion, if paired with the right elements, industrial can work in any home.

Now that industrial is gaining in popularity {thanks in part to the shows on HGTV and Pinterest}, I'm actually able to create fantastic industrial decor that is 'on trend' and share it with you all! 

Our latest design is a 6 foot, live edge butternut sofa/entry table. It all started when Paul found an amazing live edge slab on one of our junk missions last summer. Once we got it home, I gave my two cents on the design and from there, it was all Paul. He sketched it up, dialed in the dimensions and got to work on the fabrication.





Here are some during pictures of the wood and metal structure. I deliberated on the finish for the wood for too long so I threw the question out to my Facebook family and asked for their input...the response was unanimous...seal the wood with a clear coat and leave it natural.
Brilliant call people! Brilliant!


I'm thrilled with how the warmth of the wood compliments the metal frame...pure bliss in my mind!



 Paul repurposed this awesome mesh to create a sleek shelf. I love the modern flair it gives the table.


 How about the character of that live edge slab! Knots, saw marks, and even what appears to be a bullet lodged into the wood.

Photos. Don't. Do. It. Justice.



Thanks for taking a look at the latest UP project. Remember, we do custom fabrication too! If you have something that you want help creating, just shoot us a message.


Have a great week!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment