Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Berlin Blue Dresser

Happy April Everyone!

It's been awhile since I have posted a furniture makeover because I have been so busy preparing for some spring sales. Not that I haven't been doing some painting, I've just been to busy to get photos taken and posted. So here is a little piece I finished a few weeks ago...

Most of the time I use a standard paint color straight from the can, with maybe a color wash over it or some dry brushing but not this time. Nope, this time I was creating something special. This time I concocted a custom color that I'm calling Berlin Blue. I mixed Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Chateau Grey and Old Violet together to create a rich smokey blue with some violet and grey undertones. A swift distressing and some clear and dark wax gave a gently used patina. As a little special touch, I used gold gilding wax to bring the knobs and details back to life. 

It was so much fun to mix paints that I look forward to mixing a lot more custom colors!











No comments:

Post a Comment