Monday, May 12, 2014

Bluesy Music Cabinet




I stumbled upon this little music cabinet a couple weeks ago on Craigslist. I thought it was so cute and such a great size that I scheduled time to head over and take a look that very day.

{I don't know if you do much business on Craigslist, but if you aren't able to pick up an item almost immediately, it's gonna be gone--you gotta move fast--it's crazy that way}

As the story goes with some of the pieces I get, this one had more damage then was disclosed on the ad...but I just really loved the size and the cute legs...and I already drove all the way to take a look...so let's load it up and I'll figure out a way to make it adorable despite the additional work it needed.

I could have went a ton of directions on the color but I thought Aubusson would be sweet on this piece. I gave it a couple coats, a light distressing and some clear wax. I also added a magnetic latch and a small glass knob to make it function a bit easier now.

It's done and it looks better then ever with it's new bluesy finish!


  




Music cabinet before



No comments:

Post a Comment