Monday, January 6, 2014

Functional + Gorgeous French Provincial Side Table

One thing you can count on with Minnesota are long, cold winters...so you better have plenty of hobbies to keep you busy or you'll go crazy! With temperatures that never reached positive digits this past weekend, I found plenty of time to stay indoors and get some painting done.

One of the projects that I was able to work on was this classic side table. (I had finished the matching desk before the holidays) Both pieces were in good condition but had seen a lot of use and needed some refinishing. Constructed with great bones and lots of character I knew they would clean up great.

 The side table is painted with French Grey chalk paint, distressed and finished with a coat of dark wax to create a warm patina. Wouldn't she be adorable as a sofa or entry table?

The hardware that came with this table were large, heavy, gold tone pulls. They seemed so dated that I decided to swap them out and used these vintage pulls that I had salvaged from another project. I think the look is perfect on this girl.

 Interesting feature on this side table are the pull out shelves on both ends.
------------


This is a glimpse at the matching desk. Previously a tired, golden blonde pine desk...it was my duty to give this guy a major transformation! The detail of the claw feet came to life with a fresh coat of black...and the beautiful pine desk top looks fab with a deep dark stain.
I know the photos are not the best, so please try to look past the concrete garage floor:)

Desk is SOLD

Thanks for looking - Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment