Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fresh Vintage Cabinet

This little number lived in my parents basement for as long as I can remember. I think it was a cabinet out of an old home, some sort of built-in type unit. It's really solid and has gorgeous hardware. It was stained very dark and in much need of a face lift. 

I thought this would be a good test project for Annie Sloan's chalk paint that I am slowly falling in love with! A couple rounds of old white, some distressing and a light coat of wax...now it's looking better then ever.

Just a side note, I was recently at one of the big box stores and saw a slightly smaller cabinet but similar in style to this one...it was constructed out of pressed wood, not solid wood and they were asking $149! OMGsh, that's outrageous! This is why I'm so passionate about rescuing well constructed pieces, breathing new life into them and making them lovable again.

Have a super Sunday:)

 SOLD




No comments:

Post a Comment