Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What's your passion?

What do you love to do?

What makes you completely lose track of all time?

Drawing, singing, taking photos, crafting, gardening, biking, volunteering...whatever it might be, that my friend is your passion, your calling, and your gift. We all have that one unique thing that makes us happy and content. Some people are fortunate enough to find that passion early in their life, others might not find it until much later. But regardless, we all have it in us, the key is finding it!

So what's my passion?

Well if you've followed this blog for awhile you know that my passion is making custom decor out of reclaimed, repurposed and upcycled materials. It took me until a few years ago to actually recognize my passion and acknowledge it fully. I always wanted to make it more complicated...but it was really quite easy, and it was right in front of me for years, I just didn't see it.

-------------------

As luck would have it, just a few short weeks ago, I was given an opportunity to share my passion with my favorite local tv station. I was honored to have Bryan Piatt from Kare11 out to the shop to interview me for a segment he was putting together called Pick Your Passion. PYP is a series that features local Minnesotans and highlights their unique talents and passions.

I was a nervous wreck for the 24 hours leading up to Bryan coming out. You see, I'd prefer to be behind the camera, not in front of it! But the chance to share my story was such a fantastic opportunity that I knew I just had to do it. So I took a big breath...and told myself that I needed to push myself outside my comfort area and give it my best shot.

Here is a link to the video if you want to see the spot. 

                                                                                            photo credit Kare11

 I feel like I've grown tremendously because of this experience. It was uncomfortable, but Bryan was so friendly and helped calm my jitters which made me sorta forget there was even a camera running. I'm grateful for this chance to push myself and tell a little bit about what makes me tick and my passion.

What I hope for you...is that you continue to pursue your passion, work hard at your unique talent and share your gift with the world.

Thanks for coming by the UP blog today.
Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment