Monday, March 31, 2014

Blue Bench {Primitive-esque}

I've been known to pick up free furniture off the side of the road and occasionally pluck some really nice pieces out of dumpsters. Well...that's how this story begins as well. This solid wood bench was in the dumpster on Friday and is sportin' a great new look on Monday!

I tighten the legs up, sanded in down and then broke out the paint brush! I hit s few spots with some intentional white undertones, then a liberal coat of Aubusson ASCP, an aggressive sanding and some antiquing---now you have an updated, solid, primitive looking bench for your entry, porch, hallway or bedroom.

Linking up to:
Beyond the Picket Fence





Before

3 comments:

  1. I love the color. The piece cleaned up nicely. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bench is the spittin' image of my coffee table, except my table has a little drawer underneath. I wonder if it is strong enough to be a bench instead of a coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this exact bench. Can't wait to get going on mine. Love the color you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete